Week of Thanksgiving

Monday, November 19, 2007

Yesterday morning Ike and I were in the Big Y grocery store doing our weekly shopping and as I was cruising through the produce department we ran into Harcourt's co-worker Bobby. I was joking with her about the fact that they had 10lb bag of Idaho potatoes on special, buy 1 get 2 free! I said who would really need or want 30 lbs of potatoes!! Bobby said "get them and drop them in the Guilford Food Bank bin on your way out, I do it all the time." What a great idea! I am embarrassed that I have never thought to do that before. Ike and I deposited our 20lbs of potatoes in the bin and it felt great, afterall it is the week of Thanksgiving. It was a simple and easy act it but, as we all rush around it is easy to forget about those who may have less. I urge everyone to get in the habit of doing the same thing!!

0 comments:

 
The Podunk Chronicles - by Templates para novo blogger