Sunday, November 11, 2007
This week has been like a bubble burst... all of a sudden Ike is ramping up for his 1 year celebration. The week started out with him having a fever bug (which he passed to Mama) and he got to spend 2 days home with Maggie so maybe she started the magic. He started pointing at things that he wants and makes an enthusiastic response when you ask him if he wants something (that is if he wants it). Then on Friday at school before I left he was playing and he took 3 steps to his favorite Ms Terry and we all shouted and cheered! I heard that after I left he took 4 steps to Ms Terry again! He still only does it on a whim but we know he can do it. Then I was sick on Sat night so he and Harcourt had quite an evening. The full report was he started to teach Ike how to feed himself with a spoon. They were also looking at pictures of animals in a book and Ike was pointing to the live versions (doggie and kitty cat) in the house.
... and he's off!
We had a nice weekend which included Ike's first offical playdate with his friend Hunter from school and by the end the boys were down to their onesies and chasing each other around the house! This afternoon we went for a crisp hike in the woods across from our house with the Mulligans and Steffens.


0 comments:
Post a Comment