Note from Mama

Sunday, November 11, 2007

So since this blog is a quasi baby book for Ike I had to run to the computer to do a quick posting. I just had the most wonderful 30 mins with Ike! I went to put him down for an afternoon nap and it started business as usual with a fully animated reading of Moo Baa Lalala (a must before each nap and bedtime), and then a little quiet time in the rocking chair. During the quiet time, he was 75% tired and 25% slap happy so when I launched into Twinkle Twinkle he started pulling at my lips and nose and giggling. I tried for a few minutes to completely ignore him and restrain my giggles but I couldn't do it- I burst into laughter and he became hysterical! We spent the last 15 mins laughing so hard at each other that we both had tears!!! Then, he was so tired he grabbed his blankie and passed out but not without me sitting in the chair thinking about how much I love him and what a cool little person he is becoming. Speaking of blankies.... Ike got his blankie (on right) as a baby gift from my dear friend Susanne and it has become his best friend. Blankie has a little puppy dog sewn onto the 12" x 12" chenille blanket and it is so sweet. It is there in good times and bad and keeps him company in his crib at school and home. Blankie is so well loved that I was getting concerned that he might not hold up for the long haul so my Mom shipped us out a new blankie who is now in training! Ike does know the difference but we think he has accepted the newest member of the family :-)

0 comments:

 
The Podunk Chronicles - by Templates para novo blogger