70 Years

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Today my grandparents celebrated an anniversary that very few people attain... Oct. 3, 1937 = 70th anniversary! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! It is truly an amazing thing to celebrate such a wonderful milestone and very few people in our generation will even be able to come close such an event. I have heard the story several times about how they basically snuck away and went over the Tennessee state line into Alabama to get married because my Grandmother was too young (2 weeks shy of 17) to get married in TN. Grandfather was all of 19.

Photo of Ike and his great-grandparents taken Jan. 07

They are both such wonderful people and their energy for life is so impressive!!! They live in their apartment on James Island and they keep themselves VERY busy from day to day. I feel very lucky to have their longevity and youthful genes in my blood!

There was a big celebration for them at Mom and Dad's house tonight that I sadly missed but Aunt Linda made it from Michigan so I know they are all excited.

0 comments:

 
The Podunk Chronicles - by Templates para novo blogger