Thursday, May 10, 2007
So, it is no newsflash that Ike is not a great sleeper. We have really tried it all including Ferber's method of letting him "cry it out" but we found that he will cry for over an hour without giving in and we couldn't handle listening to scream. Our pediatrician said not to pick him up when he wakes up because that would be like giving a cookie to a dog that is peeing on the floor- I love our pediatrican and I am sure he has a point but his theory didn't last long either. I heard from one doctor that babies of working Mom's will often wake in the night to fill their need for time with their Mom- now you tell me you don't just melt with guilt at that idea. I decided not get worked up about it and so we have been tending to him as needed in the night which is sometimes only a few times a night and other times is every 2 hours! We are probably spoiling him but when you are tired and have to get up the next morning to go to work you will do whatever it takes to get back to sleep the quickest.
The funny thing is for the last few nights I have been trying to read this book that seemed perfect for us, The No-Cry Sleep Method. But, we had to laugh because I am so tired that when I finally get in bed I can hardly stay awake to read the darn book to figure out how to sleep longer so that I am not so tired! Ahh! Being a parent is very challenging and sometimes you feel like you are in a scene from a comedy show. We will keep you posted on our progress...
0 comments:
Post a Comment