Thursday, November 24, 2011
Happy Thanksgiving!!!
This year I was really craving my mom's food and feeling a bit homesick about it so I did as she suggested and helped myself! There are many dishes I miss but the dressing is the main one. You see, in the south we don't "stuff"... we "dress" - much prettier that way :) My mom's dressing is moist, crispy on top and oh so delicious.
The base is celery, onions, and butter mixed with fresh skillet cornbread and some herb stuffing, dot the butter on top and...
...magic in the oven gives you this!!


I couldn't help myself when it came out the oven! mmm.... now if only I was cooking it with my Mom but it was as close as I could get.
We are headed to Schutz family Thanksgiving with our nearest and dearest 27 relatives so I made the turkey breast and dressing for our house - not to share :) I have only cooked a few turkeys but this came out pretty if I do say so myself.
My contribution to the big family meal is a Mrs. Hamby's veggie casserole and a big tray of string beans with almonds.





0 comments:
Post a Comment