Ike is 5!

Tuesday, November 29, 2011


HAPPY 5th BIRTHDAY IKE!

Ike, where has the time gone?  It seems like you were just wearing the size 18 mos clothes that Legare trots around in everyday.  You are such a big boy now and I feel so lucky to have you as my son.   You are learning so much these days at school and sounding out all the words you can get your eyes on and telling me what letter words start with.  I can't believe you will be in Kindergarten next year!  We are loving reading Charlie and the Chocolate Factory each night before bed - I love that you tell me how you are "imagining the pictures in your head" as I read :)    Just talking to you is my favorite thing to do, I love that we can talk about anything and everything from funny to serious and everything in between.   I think it is so cool that I can do that with my own child, you are not a baby anymore.  You are simply the sweetest, most kind hearted child I have ever run into.  If ever anyone is hurt, sad or simply needs a hug or an "i love you all the way to planet jupiter and back" you are there!   You love to love Legare with hugs, kisses and pats on the head even though he often doesn't sit still long enough.

I have figured out that being a parent gives your heart the ability to keep growing and growing with no limit.   I didn't think I could love as much as I do as a mother and that is why we worry and protect, mother nature is amazing that way.

Happy birthday to my sweet, sweet boy.  I love YOU all the way to the moon and back!!  love, mommy

 On Sunday night, we went with Kyle, Bing and Dana for hibachi dinner... a first for Ike.  He loved it and it was the perfect thing to do for a winter birthday dinner.
This morning I went to school to bring special snack of blueberry muffins, strawberries and smoothie to Ike's class.

 I took a photo of his class and they all painted their own picture frame for this photo to take home.

 Our dear friend, Ashley, made Ike his number 5 birthday shirt.  She has made him these shirts since his 1st birthday and he was so proud to wear it today.  We are so lucky to have such wonderful friends!!
 Tonight we had a little pizza, cake and presents.
 Legare liked the presents and Ike opened everything in record speed :)
 Ike got a zipline from Kyle & Bing, details to be ironed out but he is very excited.

 cake made with love by Ike and Mommy

Legare liked the frosting!

0 comments:

 
The Podunk Chronicles - by Templates para novo blogger