Thursday, March 29, 2007
So today Ike is officially 4 months old- wow! It is crazy to think that 1 year ago today I had only known for 1 week that I was pregnant with a tiny tadpole who we now know as Ike. What a difference a year makes!
Ike has definitely had some transformations in the last 4 months. The main item being the hair which as you can see in the photo below is not as it used to be (I think we are thankful for that). It has gone from a full head of dark hair that stood straight up (Spikey Ikey)... to the bad Donald Trump look after some thining... to a light brown crew cut look post haircut and now it is growing, getting lighter in color and feeling a bit coarse so we wait to see if he will develop the curls of his father! The next biggest transformation would be growing- he has gone from 8 lbs 6 ozs. and 19 inches to 14+ lbs and 26 inches! He is starting to laugh now and smiles are a plenty. We are enforcing the philosophy of Dr. Ferber (aka letting him cry) at night and things seem to be improving but I am still dreaming of my first full night of sleep!
I think Harcourt and I are doing a great job as new parents and most importantly we just love him to pieces!
Day 1 of life after a nice bath (which would be the only reason the hair wasn't standing on end). I was digging back in the photo archive and found this photo to document his hair transformation. As a note, it is crazy as we knew he was going to have hair because they could see it on my late ultrasounds - it looked like fringe around his head...but we had no idea how much there would be until he arrived!
Ike today :-)
Warning to parents: Never attempt to photograph a hungry baby :-)
0 comments:
Post a Comment