When I was 2 years old...

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Our first African American President, Barack Obama, was inaugurated today and I watched the swearing in from my office lunchroom- packed and standing room only.   As I heard many times today, it doesn't matter who you voted for... everyone should be proud to be an American and this is a day I will never forget.   Ike had a fever/cold today so we came early and got to watch some it it on live tv.  We had several friends in DC today amidst 2 million people to see this moment in person- James, Julie & Hayden (6 yr old), Jordan Goffi (AH friend) and Maggie, Matt & Elizabeth Moffett-Reale! I got a few cell phone images from them which was very cool.

A cool shot for Ike to look back on someday.
The parade to the White House

0 comments:

 
The Podunk Chronicles - by Templates para novo blogger