Not for the birds!

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

It has been a while since our last posting because our life has been more than challenging in the last week. Poor little Ike has been fighting a tough battle with his reflux but thanks to modern medicine, lots of Maalox and love from Mom and Dad he is starting to slowly improve.

I have decided that parenting is not for the birds!! Throughout the years we have watched lots of our friends have babies and they made it all look so easy. I am here to say that listening to your helpless baby cry when you try to feed him is so incredibly taxing and then we he decided to start waking up each hour of the night that is not so fun either. But at the same time we love this little person so much that we will do anything and everything we can for him and when we seem him happy it makes it all worth it - I guess that is what parenting really is.

Pepe came up for a visit on Saturday night on his way to New Jersey for business- what a nice treat! Other than Ike's reflux we have been passing the stomach bug and a cold around our house too- I think we even infected Pepe- sorry!!!

The supplies.
No Mama.... not more Maalox!
Nilla- the best family dog ever!
That's the smile we love to see :-)

0 comments:

 
The Podunk Chronicles - by Templates para novo blogger