Key West

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Well we just got home from a two week whirl wind tour that got me as far south as Key West and Kerry, Ike and the dogs 2k miles round trip to Charleston. This was my 6th race week, and it turned out to be the best in many ways. The weather was true gentlemans sailing. 10-12knts and 80 degrees every day. The week was filled with more highs and lows than have been experienced on the 3 years I have been sailing with the Savasana team. We ended up a disapointing 4th out of 34 after being in the lead 3/4 the way through the week. Thus is life. One of the highlights of the week was that I rode my first mechanical bull. I am proud to say that I did not get tossed, but my bull hand is still sore. One of our crew did not fare as well and got trampled by the bull if you can picture that.


My quasi brother-in-law, Brad, preparing for his turn on the bull.


The most famous street in KW.
Irish Kevins. One of my top 5 favorites in the USA

J-105's off the starting line

0 comments:

 
The Podunk Chronicles - by Templates para novo blogger