Motherhood... week one.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Well here is my first post since our lives forever changed last Wednesday morning with the arrival of Ike. I can't believe 1 week ago at this hour we were at Yale on the brink of labor. 9 days late and Ike finally folded under the pressure 18 hrs before I was to be induced. Thankfully, it was a much faster experience than I expected which was a good thing- I wanted to personally thank Dr. Wong- the anasthesiologist!! Ike's rocketship approach to the world will probably prove to make him a bold and daring person like his Dad.

Harcourt and I have had our ups and downs as far as figuring out what to do with a newborn but thankfully with the arrival of Jimmie and Pepe on Sunday things are starting to look more up than down. Jimmie is our saviour and we are so glad she is here to help and she even allows Harcourt and I to get some sleep so we don't lose our minds.

My "Big 30" was on Monday but it was certainly the most abnormal of birthdays...you know you are in a different world when you get a new baby swing as a gift and you are really excited about it :-)

The Mike (in case you haven't figured it out that is the Cessna 175 that he and his Dad have completely re-conditioned over the last 2 years) made it's maiden flight on Sunday but I will let Harcourt do his own posting with more details on that one.




Ike's first spa treatment- courtesy of Jimmie.

Jimmie and Ike.
Pepe with his 3rd grandchild- 1st grandson.

You can click here to see a slideshow of some more photos.

0 comments:

 
The Podunk Chronicles - by Templates para novo blogger